2019 Parade of Homes
September 5, 2019 | by rebecca stewart
If you’re looking for a new home, dreaming the dream of a new home, or looking for ideas to update your current home; or maybe you’re just looking to be dazzled, then you’ll want to add the 2019 Parade of Homes to your list of things to do this month. In its 29th year, this year’s Parade of Homes is running September 14, 15, 21, and 22. Saturdays from 10am-5pm and Sundays 12-5pm.
Download the Tour Map
Touring the Parade homes is indeed an excellent opportunity to take in new ideas for your home. Kimberly Welzenbach, HBA Executive Officer, shares that roughly 70% of attendees are looking for trends in technology, flooring, kitchens, outdoor living, paint colors, bathroom fixtures, appliances, and interior decorating; and they’re not disappointed. Others in attendance are looking to secure a builder who matches their style or to purchase a Parade home, as they are highly sought after and hold their value after resale.
Speaking of the builders, this year’s homes (of which there are seven) feature both builders who have participated in Parade the last several years, as well as builders who have not been showcased since the 2006 Parade of Homes.
In the Know
For those new to the experience, Kimberly was kind enough to share some tips on what to know ahead of embarking on the tours:
- Wear comfortable, easy on and off shoes, as shoes are not permitted in the homes.
- NO photography or videography is permitted (including from cell phones).
- No food or beverages are permitted in the homes.
- Bathrooms inside the homes are not available for use, so portable toilets are located outside each home.
- No large bags, backpacks, or purses are permitted in the homes.
- Your Parade ticket is also your grand prize entry form.
- Tour tickets can be purchased at any of the homes on the tour and must be presented to a ticket seller/taker prior to entering each home.
- Tickets: $10/adult (children ages 12 and younger get in free)
- Your ticket will be marked for each home visited.
- Once you’ve visited all of the homes on the tour, deposit your ticket in the prize drawing receptacle located at each home to be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing. (This year’s prize is valued at $2,500).
The Twilight Tour takes place Friday, September 13, and includes dinner, cocktails, and a motorcoach tour to 5 of the Parade homes, along with a Parade ticket to finish the tour during regular tour hours. Tickets are $50.