Personalized Photo Christmas OrnamentsIt’s that time of the year again! The time to pull out the Christmas décor and get busy making your home ready for the season. I‘m afraid I have decorating ADD…I realized a few years back that I wasn’t excited to put up my tree because I was tired of the same old thing, and it was time to change it up a bit. Ever since that realization, I’ve made it a point to add something new or special to our Christmas tree. This year, I found a darling tutorial for personalized Christmas ornaments. The best part is they are so simple and inexpensive to make. Here’s how to create them.
Related: DIY Christmas Place Cards | DIY Advent Calendar
Photo Ornament DIY
- Printed wallet size photo (I love having the white border around them for this project!)
- Silver glitter cardstock (cut to 3”x 5”)
- White cardstock (cut to 3.25” x 5.5” for backing and .75” x 2.5” for flag)
- Silver glitter alphabet stickers
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Small hole punch
- Double sided tape
- Foam adhesive dots
- Ribbon or bakers twine to hang
- With scissors or paper cutter, trim cardstock to sizes listed above.
- Use double sided tape to adhere silver cardstock to white background cardstock.
- Stick foam dots to photo and attach to silver cardstock.
- Personalize your flag with silver glitter stickers.
- Trim personalized flag with scissors to create a two-point shape on the ends of both sides.
- Use foam dots to add dimension to the flag and adhere to the bottom of ornament.
- Punch two holes near the top of ornament.
- String ribbon or twine through each hole and tie into a bow.
There you have it, a personalized touch for your tree. Change up the colors to go with the theme of your tree. Make some up to use as package tags. Grandparents love these! Choose joy this Holiday season.