Thanksgiving Craft: Napkin Rings
November 16, 2019 | by b davis
Before the hustle and bustle that it takes to get a delectable Thanksgiving dinner on the table, make some time for a little Thanksgiving craft to include the kids in the holiday preparations. They’ll love making these Pumpkin Napkin Rings!
- Toilet Paper or Paper Towel Rolls – at least 4
- Green and Orange Felt – at least 2 sheets of each
- Green Pipe Cleaners – at least 2
- Hot or Tacky Glue
- Stickers – optional
- Squeeze the toilet paper roll flat and cut into 1-inch sections.
- Using an unbent toilet paper roll, trace circles in the orange felt. Trace as many circles as napkin rings as you need. Cut the circles and set aside. These will be the pumpkins.
- Cut the pipe cleaners into 1-inch pieces. These will be the stems, set aside.
- Cut the green felt into 1 ½ inch strips. Glue each strip to a piece of the toilet paper roll. Cut the excess end of the strip off. Fold the excess edges inside the paper roll and glue. Let dry.
- Glue the pipe cleaner to the back of the orange circle and glue the orange circle to the green felt covered ring. To hide seem, glue the circle over it.
- If desired, add a festive sticker to the pumpkin.
- Repeat until you have the amount of napkin rings you need.
My daughter loved helping me make this craft for our table. Depending on the age of your kiddo, you’ll need to decide how much they can help. There are a lot of steps and the kids can help with almost all of them along the way. Don’t forget to make as many rings as guests you are expecting.
B Davis is a local mom with two kids, a girl and a boy. She is a stay at home mom who loves to find and cook new meals, keep the kids busy with free events, and binge watch lots of TV shows. In her free time, she likes to catch up with her mom friends, go on dates with her husband, and volunteer at her church.