Personalize Your Thanksgiving Table: DIY Place Cards
November 7, 2014 | by stephanie toews
This is the time of the year when we are doing lots of entertaining. Who doesn’t love sitting down to a beautifully decorated table? This year, take your Thanksgiving table from drab to fab with this fantastic and simple place card idea. The kids can work on these while you’re prepping dinner or you can make them ahead of time.
Tissue Paper Pumpkin Place Cards
- 1 “ Styrofoam ball (I found these at the dollar store)
- White tissue paper
- Copper wire (also found at the dollar store)
- Hot glue (If your children are making them, use school glue instead of hot glue).
- Dried leaf
- Take your Styrofoam ball and poke the twig in it. This is your pumpkin stem.
- Cut tissue paper into squares (I cut mine approx. 3” x 3”)
- Wrap the tissue around the end of a pencil and add a drop of hot glue.
- Secure tissue to Styrofoam. Continue this until the ball is covered.
- Using the copper wire, wrap it around your finger and attach it to your stem.
- Lastly, add your leaf and personalize it with a sharpie.
Whether you decide to use these as place cards or simply as a pumpkin accent, they are sure to be a hit at your next fall gathering. I love the natural elements that you can bring in and that these are inexpensive to make. I also love the neutral, fall color pallet that is sure to go with any décor. Have fun creating that personal touch for your dinner guests!