Favorite 4th of July Recipes
June 26, 2019 | by b davis
Happy Summer! (Even if, thus far, it seems to be a bit cooler and soggier than normal). But that hasn’t stopped my family from enjoying some BBQ's! Looking ahead to the Fourth, we're ready to celebrate our country's freedom with some red, white, and blue treats while spending time with family and enjoying a firework show; it's what the 4th of July is all about!
Try these three recipes to really make your Fourth of July festivities pop this year!
Red, White and Blue Popcorn
- 1-2 cups unpopped plain popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 10.7 ounce bag of Red, White, and Blue M&M’s
- Red and Blue Sprinkles to taste
- Pop popcorn and let cool.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over popcorn. Mix together and let cool.
- Once cooled, pour M&M’s over popcorn mixture and sprinkle with red and blue sprinkles.
- Mix together and serve.
I am not a fan of plain popcorn, but sprinkle it with chocolate and M&M’s and the mixture can’t be beat! If you really want it sweet, double the amount of chocolate.
Ground Beef Cheese Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese
- ½ cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Once the meat is fully cooked, reduce the heat to a low-medium heat. Add the beans, Rotel, and taco seasoning. Stir well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt and stir until both are fully incorporated. Remove from the heat to cool.
- Serve with blue corn chips to make it more festive.
If you are looking to take a “healthier” dish to share, this one is perfect. Use ground beef or turkey and whatever fat percent cream cheese you would like. Be sure to provide enough chips, this recipe is sure to go fast!
Recipe adapted from https://masonfit.com/high-protein-cheese-dip/
Fruit Pizza Cookies
- 2 rolls Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed and chopped
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet and separate cookies onto sheet. Bake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread mixture over cooled cookies.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is such a yummy dessert! Normally this dish is made into a pizza, but making it into cookies makes it easier to share. This recipe can be customized with different fruits for different days.