Momma Chef recipe: Simple Herbed SalmonThis recipe originally appeared on Momma Chef’s blog. It has been reposted here with permission.
How easy is it to make dinner while holding a 4-year-old on your hip, calming a 7-year-old throwing a tantrum and helping a 12-year-old with his homework? Sound familiar? Well I have finally mastered a way to serve a fabulous meal with little effort and few ingredients. My recipes are simple and delicious, using no more than six ingredients and under six minutes of prep time. It will look like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen with help from Momma Chef–prepare to impress with this simple Herbed Salmon recipe.
Simple Herbed Salmon
- 1 ½-2 Pounds boneless Salmon Filet
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ½ tablespoon Chili Powder
- ¼ cup Whole Foods Mediterranean Herb Marinade
Mix together dry ingredients and rub on salmon. Pour marinade over salmon and bake at 350° uncovered for 20 minutes. That’s all..best salmon ever!
- If you are using skin-on salmon, spray pan with Pam so skin won’t stick to pan
- If you can’t find the Whole Foods Marinade, use ¼ cup olive oil and a squirt of lemon juice
- If you want this to look fancy, cut up some lemon slices and serve on the side
- If after 20 minutes your timer beeps that the salmon is ready to come out of the oven and at the same time you hear your kids screaming from the basement that your youngest is peeing on the carpet, you screw the peeing situation and you take the salmon OUT of the oven…no matter what, you don’t overcook salmon!
About Momma Chef… I am a Chicago stay-at-home mom of three active boys (ages 12, 8 and 5). Although I often feel like I’m struggling with some aspect of parenting, my one sanctuary is the kitchen. My children liked different foods and were constantly requesting a variety of things for dinner. I used to tell them, “I am not an octopus with eight arms who can make eight different meals.” Over time, I figured out a way to make food they all love by developing easy, quick recipes. That led to the creation of my blog, Momma Chef, for parents like me. Connect with Momma Chef on Facebook!
Other Momma Chef recipes can be found at: