DIY Faux Fur Holiday WreathRecently perusing the holiday section of Target I came upon an adorable faux fur wreath and fell in love with it! The only problem was it cost $30.00! I knew I could recreate it for less than $10.00 so I set off to grab the supplies needed and got to work. Here is what I came up with.
DIY Faux Fur Holiday Wreath:
- 16” Styrofoam wreath form
- Faux fur fabric (I used ¼ of a yard to make one. You can also purchase fur on a spool, however it is much more expensive.)
- Glue gun
- Ribbon of your choice (I love the wide ribbon for this)
- Start by cutting your fur into a strip about 4” wide. You will need 2 strips to cover your wreath completely.
- Glue the end of the fur onto the back side of the wreath to secure into place.
- Begin wrapping the wreath with the fur until covered. Glue the other end into place.
- Cut ribbon to about 12” and tie into a bow around wreath.
There you go! You created it for a fraction of the price it would cost to buy, plus you have the pride of saying you made it yourself. This cozy, fur wreath is suitable to leave up all winter long. Create your own variation of this by using brown or black fur. Purchase extra fabric and accent your Christmas packages with it. Get creative and find joy in the blessings this Season brings.
Related: DIY Wreath Christmas Place Cards