MOMS Club Preschool Fair
January 7, 2020 | by b davis
2020 Preschool Fair
Saturday, January 11, 2020
4:30 PM— 6:30 PMUTC
If you have a preschool aged kiddo at home, then winter is the time to start thinking about those preschool options. Before you deep dive into Facebook to ask for reviews of preschools, head to the Billings Public Library on Saturday, January 11 from 9:30-11:30am for the FREE MOMS Club Preschool Fair.
While you’re visiting with representatives from each preschool, the kiddos can ditch all the grownup talk and engage with a station set up by MOMS Club to keep them occupied. At the Fair you can meet with the different preschools and ask any questions you might have. Some popular questions you’ll want to consider asking are…
Choosing a Preschool FAQ:
- How much does the program cost?
- Is there a deposit, and if so is the deposit refundable?
- How many days a week and what hours will the child attend?
- Do they require the parents to volunteer in the classroom?
- Are parents buying school supplies and snacks for the classroom or are they provided by the school?
- Do the kids get outside play time, even in the winter?
- Do the kids go on field trips?
- How will the child learn? Montessori, play-based, or academic?
- What is the student to teacher ratio? How many kids are in the classroom?
- Can you take a tour of the facility?
When deciding if a preschool is the right fit for your child and family, here are some things to consider:
Choosing a Preschool, Food for Thought:
- Is the cost within your budget?
- Is it within a short travel distance from home or work? Remember, most preschool programs are only 3 hours long.
- If the school focuses on group play and group learning, will your child learn best in that kind of environment, or will they prefer a more individualized learning approach?
- Does the school’s belief system align with your family’s?
- Is the classroom set up for preschool age kids or do they use big kid classroom equipment? Does the classroom have an emergency plan in place?
- Is there enough space for the kids to play and move around?
- Does the staff seem happy? If the staff isn’t happy, then how can you expect your child to be happy?
Choosing a preschool can seem like a daunting task, but with a little help you can be sure to make the right decision for your child. First, head to the MOMS Club Preschool Fair, meet all the schools in attendance and then go home and finalize your research. And now it’s time to get your friends’ reviews.
MOMS Club is a group for Stay at Home Moms and has been in Billings since 2002 and currently has over 120 members in 4 chapters throughout town. The members of MOMS Club originally came up with the idea for the Preschool Fair as part of their yearly community volunteer projects. The Preschool Fair is free to attend and 15-20 preschools throughout Billings will be present. Some of the preschools that are scheduled to be in attendance are ZooSchool, Good Shepherd Preschool, The Sunshine Academy, the YCMA and Fledglings Preschool at Montana Audubon.
If you would like more information on MOMS Club, you can email the following emails:
B Davis is a local mom with two kids, a girl and a boy. She is a stay at home mom who loves to find and cook new meals, keep the kids busy with free events, and binge watch lots of TV shows. In her free time, she likes to catch up with her mom friends, go on dates with her husband, and volunteer at her church.