Gift Giving On a BudgetChristmas is here, 'tis the season to give with cheer. Have you made your list of teachers, friends, and family in need of a special gift? I love this time of year, but it can get hard on the wallet. Here are three gift ideas you can create that are all $10.00 or less. All of the supplies can be purchased at discount stores or dollar bins!
Mason Jar Santa Claus
- Mason Jar
- Red Burlap Ribbon
- Black Ribbon
- White Button
- White Fur
- Hot Chocolate & Mini Marshmallows
- Wrap the red burlap ribbon around the mason jar. Use a hot glue gun to secure it. Next, wrap the black ribbon over the red ribbon, making sure to center the ribbon and tie in the back. Glue the white button onto the black ribbon.
- Wrap the white boa fur around the top of the mason jar. Fill it with hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows, tea, candy, or ornaments.
- Attach cute little name tags to customize it for the recipient.
Holiday Cookie Mitt
- Cooking mitt
- Measuring cups
- Cookie cutters
- Ribbon and Bell
- Fill the oven mitt with the spatula, measuring cups, and cookie cutters. Organize them in the opening of the cooking mitt so that they all stick out.
- Tie a festive ribbon around the middle of the mitt. I chose to add a Holiday bell to add some Christmas spirit. Add sugar cookie or gingerbread mix packets.
- You can take this a step further and personalize the mitt with your kid’s hand print or write Christmas lyrics on the mitt!
Christmas Cookie Stand
- 3 Acrylic Christmas plates (all different sizes)
- 2 Candlestick holders
- Glue gun
- Glue one candlestick to the middle of the largest plate. Let dry.
- Take the middle plate and glue the bottom of it to the top of the candlestick that is glued to the other plate. You now have your first tier.
- Take the next candlestick and glue that to the top of the middle plate. Glue the bottom of the smallest round plastic plate to the top of the candlestick.
Now there are three tiers. Proceed to arrange all of your amazing, yummy Christmas cookies on the stand. This is the perfect gift for neighbors or to create for your own home during the Christmas season.
The most important part of this season is giving with a grateful heart. This should be a fun season spent with family and friends. No need to spend a lot of money when you can make something from the heart. Merry Christmas!