DIY Industrial Dog Dish Holder
Do you have a fantastic animal in your life? We have a huge 1-year-old Labrador puppy, and I struggled to find a tall enough dog dish holder that I liked. I love this farmhouse/industrial DIY because it is my favorite style and it is also incredibly functional. It can be tailored for any size dog. Let's get started.
*Rectangular piece of wood
*Food and water bowl
*Metal pipe (4)
*End caps (4)
*Metal floor flange (4)
- Start by finding a rectangular piece of wood that will hold at least two bowls. Grab the bowls and place them on the part of the wood where you want the opening to be. Trace the bottom of the bowl with a pen.
- Take your jigsaw and cut around the trace line on the piece of wood. Place the bowl in the spot and make sure it fits. It’s ok if your edges are a bit rough as the lip of the bowl will hide them.
- Trace around the end of the metal pipe on all four corners. (I used 3/8” x 8”.) Using a 3/8” drill bit, drill a hole large enough for your pipe to fit through. Make sure that you do not drill too big of a hole. You want the pipe to fit snug in this hole. I used a long pipe for my large Labrador puppy.
- Slide your pipe through the hole and screw on the end cap. Repeat for all four corners.
- Lastly, screw the floor flange on the bottom of the metal pipe. Stand up and give yourself a pat on the back. Fill with food and water, and watch your pet enjoy this stylish and amazing holder.
It feels good to create a custom piece for your animal and give back a tiny bit of love to your best friend.
article and photos by Jessica Robbins
Originally printed in the pages of Simply Family Magazine’s September 2018 issue.
Never miss an issue, check out SFM’s digital editions, here!