When I grow up...2nd graders' perspectiveOriginally printed in the pages of Simply Family Magazine’s April 2017 issue. Never miss an issue, check out SFM’s digital editions, here!
From the time we’re tiny beings through college, the number one question has got to be, What do you want to be when you grow up? Never mind that the answer is constantly evolving – when I was a kid I wanted to either be a teacher, an artist, an author, or…a clown. I don’t even know. Despite the fact that it’s completely unrealistic to expect someone to know what they want to do for the rest of their life when they’re 5, or 15, it’s still fun to see what dreams the kids these days are dreaming - oh, the beautiful dreams they are dreaming! So we checked in with Mrs. Hensel’s 2nd grade class at Trinity Lutheran School.
What do you want to be when you grow up, and why?
- When I grow up I want to be a famous writer because I want to invent a whole new world. -Megan E.
- I want to work at a restaurant, so I can serve people food. -Mia H.
- I want to be a doctor when I grow up because I can help take care of people I don’t know. -Sariya G.
- I want to be a policeman. I will fight crime. -Bradey V.
- I want to be a scientist because I want to build a time machine. -Tyler J.
- I would like to be a demolition worker because I like to destroy things. -Noah B.
- I want to be a nurse when I grow up because I like people and babies. -Naomi C.
- I want to be an art teacher because I like art. -Tori W.
- I want to be a children’s doctor because I like to help and do things with children. -Amy K.
- I want to be a horse trainer because I like horses very much. -Arianna T.
- I want to be a police woman because I want to solve crimes. -Darcy P.
- When I grow up I’d like to be a wildlife vet because I like animals and I like to help animals. -Josie B.
- I want to be a police or scientist because I think it would be fun. -Zach S.
- I want to be a video gamer when I grow up because I like video games. -Max H.
- When I grow up I want to be an electrician because they help people with their electricity. -Kody K.
- I want to be a scientist because I want to make potions. -Conner M.
What was your childhood dream? Share it with us this month on social media using the hashtag #SFMwhenIgrowup.