Heartfelt DIY Valentine canvasOriginally printed in the pages of Simply Family Magazine’s February 2017 issue. Never miss an issue, check out SFM’s digital editions, here!
Photos and article by Ginger Lueck
Here is a fun and easy craft to make for Valentine's Day that is cute enough to leave up the entire year long!
- One 16” X 20” canvas
- 8” cardboard letters to spell LOVE
- Hot glue gun
- 18” X 22” piece of fabric of your choice
- Staple gun with ¼ inch staples
- Acrylic paint
- Sponge paint brush
- Tape measure (optional)
- Serrated metal picture hanger (optional)
- Fine grit sandpaper
- While the letters are drying, cut the fabric to a measurement of 18” X 22”. (This allows 2” of extra fabric on all of the sides).
- Iron fabric.
- Use your stapler to fasten the fabric to the canvas. Pulling the fabric tight, staple the top first, and then the bottom and both sides last.
- With a hot glue gun, glue the letters to the fabric covered canvas. You can eyeball where you want to place your letters or you can use a tape measure.
Set your shabby chic picture on a shelf or add a serrated picture hanger on the back of your canvas to hang it on the wall! Happy Valentine’s Day.
about the author...Ginger has lived in Montana for forty years. She is married to her husband Steve, and has two grown children and two grandchildren. She loves being creative, decorating her home, cooking for her family, and hanging out with her grandkids.