Let's Dance: Billings Symphony Holds 2015 ‘Nutcracker’ AuditionsIt’s that time of year again when local dancers are called to pull out their dancing shoes and prepare for the Billings Symphony Nutcracker auditions. This year’s local dancer auditions for Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Ballet are scheduled for Saturday, September 26, 2015 from 10:30am-2:30pm (see schedule below) at the Montana Dance Center, located at 131 Moore Lane.
About the Production:
The production requires local children ages 6 and older with dance experience to fill the roles of Clara, Fritz, Party Boys and Girls, Baby Dolls, Soldiers, Baby Rats, Sugarbabes, and many other beloved Nutcracker characters. Children cast will perform with the Billings Symphony Orchestra and San Diego Ballet for two performances of the beloved Nutcracker Ballet on Saturday, November 28 at 7pm and Sunday, November 29 at 2pm at the Alberta Bair Theater.
- Students should arrive at least 20 minutes before audition time to fill out registration forms
- $5 audition fee (checks made payable to Betty Loos)
- All students who fit costumes and accept roles must be available for both shows and all rehearsals.
- *Rehearsals held once a week leading up to the November performances
- Boys do not need dance experience, but theater, gymnastics, or martial arts experience is helpful
What to wear…
- Girls-class uniform, or a solid colored leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes
- Hair should be secured in a bun
- All girls are asked to audition in flat technique shoes (except advanced female roles on pointe)
- Boys-white t-shirt, black tights/shorts or stretch pants
Schedule of Audition Times on Saturday, September 26:
BOYS & GIRLS: UNDER 4’2” | 10:30-11:30 A.M.
- Ages 6 and up
- Heights UNDER 4’2”
BOYS & GIRLS | 11:45 A.M.-1:15 P.M.
- All levels
- Ages 6 and up
- Heights 4’2” - 5’2”
- Great parts for brothers (no ballet required – ideal for gymnasts, actors, martial artists)
- Party Boys, Party Girls, Clara, Gingersnaps, Sr. & Jr. Soldiers, Horse Soldiers, Candy canes, Sheep, Russian Bears, Jr. Rats, Garland Girls, Fritz, Prince
- Clara must be under 5’2”
- Gingersnaps must be under 4’7”
- Baby Dolls, Baby Rats, Sugarbabes, Sheep
ADVANCED WOMEN | 1:30 – 2:30 P.M.
- Bring pointe shoes
- Heights 5’2” & up
- Garland Girls, Ladies in Waiting, Snow, Finale, other roles to be announced: (Chinese Girls, Merlitons if dancers are strong enough)
- Garland Girls and Chinese Girls must be under 5’4”
*Rehearsal times will be announced on Saturday, September 26 at auditions. Please note that for certain parts, rehearsal will start as early as Saturday, Sept. 26, after auditions and Sunday, Sept. 27. For more information, contact Betty Loos (406) 252-5765 or Julia Marble at (406) 208-0788.