Family Fun at 37th Annual SummerFairIt’s a summertime tradition - the perfect day for the family to get out and about in Billings - to experience the region’s largest arts and crafts festival. It’s SummerFair, back for its 37th year! One of the largest fundraising events for Yellowstone Art Museum, attendees can expect to be entertained throughout the day with an incredible variety of talents while perusing the artistic wares of the “best artisans and craftspeople” in the area.
- What: 37th Annual SummerFair
- Where: Veterans Park, 13th Street West & Poly, next to Rocky Mountain College
- When: Saturday & Sunday, July 11-12. 9am-5pm, Saturday; 9am-4pm, Sunday
- Cost: Admission is $3/adult, free for children ages 12 and younger
- Keep on scrolling for the entertainment lineup and demonstration schedule
Families, this is a weekend filled with kids art activities, demonstrations, raffles, handmade crafts, artwork, food, and so much more! Who knows what incredible discoveries you’ll make wandering through the booths…See you at Yellowstone Art Museum’s SummerFair!
2015 Entertainment Lineup @ SummerFair:
- 10am Billings Youth Orchestra Fiddlers
- 11am Rim View Dance
- 12:30pm Terpsichore Dance Company
- 1pm NOVA: Center for the Performing Arts
- 1:30pm Billings Dance Academy
- 2pm Claddagh Academy of Irish Dancing
- 2:30pm Spiral Skies Belly Dance
- 3pm Rainbow Dance
- 10am Terpsichore Dance Company
- 10:30am Helena & Emilee Dance Group
- 11am CDS Performing Arts
- 12pm Dannsairean Irish Dance
- 1pm Twisted Romance Acoustic Show
- 1:30pm NOVA: Center for the Performing Arts
- 3pm Wes Urbaniak Music
2015 Art Demonstrations @ SummerFair:
10am Nick Lamb
Nick is a world-renowned wood sculptor who specializes in the Japanese art form of netsuke
10am Prairie Handspinners
Watch the age-old tradition of wool being spun into yarn
11am Underground Culture Krew, Inc.
UCK specializes in photography, graffiti, street art, and urban art
12pm Blacksmith, Jim Rennie
Iron, fire, and brawn. Witness a contemporary blacksmith work his bellows and swing his hammer
1pm Kara Tripp
Catch Kara doing a live painting under the art demo tent
3pm Albert Chaney
Watch Albert demonstrate pounding out a silver neck collar out of a strip of low dome wire
10am Sonja Caywood
Look on as Sonja paints an animal portrait in oil
11am Keely Perkins
Keely will show how to paint on pottery with underglazes
12pm Steve Kuennen
Local artist Steve Kuennen from Buffalo Art Press will demonstrate printmaking techniques
1:30pm Montana Art Glass
Stained glass has been an art form for thousands of years. Come watch Amy show you how it's done.
2pm Sarah Morris
Sarah Morris will do a live painting—don’t miss the last art demonstration!
New this year is early bird opening for seniors age 55 and older. Parking for seniors and handicapped located at the First Presbyterian Church on the corner of 13th and Poly.
There will also be performances by Billings AlternaCirque, a local aerialist group performing on the lyra, silks, trapeze, and hammock. Between shows enjoy hoop, flow art dance and balancing acts. Acts will be Saturday at 10:30am, 12:30pm, and 2:30pm and Sunday at 10am, 12pm, and 2pm.
The Underground Culture Krew, Inc will also be showcasing urban art-- watch their live artwork progress through the weekend.