Craft This! Winter White Wool Pompom Wreath
After I took down the Christmas decorations this year the house seemed a little bare. I knew I wanted to make something and this wreath was just what I had in mind. In about an hour you can make this unique, wintry wreath too.
Winter White Wool Pompom Wreath
- 1-2 skeins thick wool yarn
- Wire wreath form
- Glue gun (what would I do without my glue gun?)
*(See below for a photo tutorial of the steps)
- Start by wrapping the wire wreath form with yarn.
- Wrap the yarn around your hand as shown in photo 60 times.
- Remove the yarn from your hand and tie the bundle with a piece of yarn approx. 6-8 inches long. Remembering to tie it as tight as you can.
- Slip your finger through one side of loops and cut them as shown. Repeat for the other side. Your pompom may come out uneven but don’t stress. You can trim to your heart's content until it looks more uniform.
- I made 10 pompoms for my wreath size. You may want more or less depending on the diameter of your wreath.
- Arrange your pompoms on the wreath and glue them in place.
- Finish with a bow in your choice of ribbon.
This whimsical wreath is so simple to make you will want to make more and more. You could use pale pink yarn and make one for a little girl’s room. Wouldn’t the pompoms make the cutest accent to a package? Use your imagination and see what you can come up with. Keep warm and craft on!