Keeping Summer Alive: Make Your Own Photo Book
As summer fades away and we officially make the transition to fall, I love to think of ways to make the memories last. One of our favorite traditions in our family is to make the kids their own photo book filled with pictures from our summer adventures. My kids enjoy looking through their books long after the short summer days are gone reminiscing about the fun times we had together over summer vacation.
I love the convenience of creating photo books online. I consider it the modern day scrapbook for the Mom who is short on time. I prefer to use Shutterfly since that’s what I’m familiar with. They offer a satisfaction guarantee so even if I make a mistake, they will send me out another book no questions asked. I often receive free photo book promo codes from them as well, which is an added bonus! There are several other websites to choose from. Mixbook, Snapfish, Picaboo and even Costco are all great options for creative gifts. All of these websites have free photo storage options making it easy to create photo books, order prints or make family Christmas cards all in one place.
Simple steps to customizing your own photo book:
- Choose the size, style and theme for your book. There are numerous themes to choose from for any occasion. Baby, Wedding, Birthday and Travel are just a few.
- Upload your photos from your computer to the site of your choice.
- Pick out the backgrounds and fonts for each page.
- Lay out photos on pages however you would like. (You can use 1 to multiple photos on each page.)
- Add captions to personalize your adventures. Some book themes even have journaling sections.
- Preview and order your book.
We have collected several of these books over the years and it’s been a great solution for the Mom who takes tons of pictures only to leave them on her computer. I love looking back at them and getting a little teary eyed as I’m reminded of how fast time truly flies. They also make wonderful gifts for any occasion! Hope you enjoy telling your own story through these photo books!