Montana East/West All-Star Shrine Football Game kickoff
For 68 years and counting the best high school football players in Montana have been brought together to showcase their talents and support an incredible cause by playing in the Montana East/West All-Star Shrine Football Game. This year the game takes place on Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 7pm in Laurel, MT. It’s more than just a game, though, it’s a fundraiser and it’s more than a single event, as activities are taking place Friday and all day Saturday raising funds for the Spokane Shriner Hospital for Children.
- Backstory and info about the hospital: East/West Shrine Game supports Shriners Hospital for Children
When it begins…
In November Montana High School football coaches from across the state nominate student athletes to be selected to play the game. In December an East Group and a West Group that consist of two Shriners (a Team Coordinator and a Player Selection Coordinator) and 4-5 coaches from each region come together to create the final teams. The rosters include 41 players and 20 alternates for each team.
On Christmas Day the selected athletes are announced in the newspaper. And in the spring each region hosts Regional Banquets to honor the players, coaches, and families, shares Kristin Monasmith, Director of Public Relations, Shriner Hospitals for Children-Spokane.
A weekend extravaganza…
Friday, July 18, 2014
- 12pm-8pm: Montana East/West Shrine Game Silent Auction @ Al Bedoo Shrine Temple, 1125 Broadwater Avenue. Sports memorabilia, sports items, family items, jewelry, and more to bid on!
- 5pm: East/West Shrine Game Banquet: In honor of the players, cheerleaders, and coaches from each team @ Al Bedoo Shrine Temple, tickets are $25 (no host cocktails). Signed game footballs and game helmet will be auctioned off at the banquet. Get your tickets here!
Saturday, July 19, 2014
- 1pm: Parade in Laurel MT beginning on Main Street
- 12pm-5:30pm: Tailgate Party at Thomson Park – Concert: The band “Zen,” Classic Car Show, food vendors, crafting vendors, and lots of fun for the whole family!
- 5pm: Pre-game activities at the Laurel High School Stadium in Laurel, MT
- 7pm: Kickoff the 68th Annual Montana East/West Shrine Football Game
- 9pm: End of game fireworks
Game Ticket Info: $15, Goal Section | $10 Center Section | Purchase tickets online
Bring out the whole family and help continue the tradition of impressively supporting the Shriner Hospitals for Children-Spokane with the East/West All-Star Shrine Football Game on Saturday, July 19, 2014. Let's get ready to rumble!