It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – 2013 air date
As families hustle to finalize the all-important Halloween costume decisions and snag the perfect pumpkins, you might also want to mark those calendars and prepare to set the DVRs because It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is scheduled to make its annual appearance during prime trick-or-treating time.
This year the PEANUTS special will air on Halloween - Thursday, October 31, 2013 on ABC at 8pm/7c. Immediately following the half-hour special, viewers will also be treated to a bonus cartoon: You’re Not Elected, Charlie Brown in which Linus runs for class president with Charlie Brown as his campaign manager.
It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown made its first television appearance in 1966. This animated PEANUTS special, created by Charles M. Schulz, has the gang celebrating Halloween with Linus staking out the pumpkin patch, hoping against hope that he will finally be visited by the Great Pumpkin, while our favorite down-on-his-luck kid gets invited to a Halloween party, but has a less than stellar trick-or-treating experience.
“I got a rock.”
In this beloved Halloween special you will get to experience Snoopy’s first ever “flight” as a World War I flying ace and relish quotable moments like…
- Linus: “He’ll come here because I have the most sincere pumpkin patch and he respects sincerity.”
- Linus: “Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker.”
- Sally: “I was robbed! I spent the whole night waiting for the Great Pumpkin, when I could have been out for trick or treats…You owe me restitution!”
- Linus: “There are three things I have learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.”
- After Lucy assures Charlie Brown that it’s completely and utterly safe to kick the football – there’s a signed document and everything… “Peculiar thing about this document: it was never notarized.”
So, set that DVR (or VCR) or mark your calendar, but whatever you do, don’t forget to get your annual fix of the Halloween special, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown on ABC Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 8pm/7c. There might be Halloween movies galore, but the airing of this animated special seems to be the kickoff to all of the holiday specials to come. Stay tuned with Simply Becca to keep you posted and in the know as we head into the holiday season.
You might also like:
- Halloween safety tips: Keeping your trick-or-treater safe
- Carve your pumpkins this Halloween with a Disney twist
- Getting creative this Halloween: How to create a unique Halloween costume
- Halloween costume ideas
- Take the Thanksgiving thankful challenge as a family
Keep up with Simply Becca on Facebook: Parenting & Kid Talk with Simply Becca, on Twitter @LovingAbigail, and on Pinterest.