Five (Winter) Fashion Finds for MomAs a fellow mom (and fashion worshipper) I understand that your priorities have changed. I understand that spending an entire month’s salary on new clothes each season is no longer acceptable; oh you know, because you have to pay bills and buy food for your family and pay for ballet lessons. I know what it feels like to flip through the magazines and dream. To pretend not to see the additional 25% off all clearance email marketing campaigns in my inbox from J.Crew. Mom, trust me I know where you are coming from and I feel your pain.
But I think I may have a workable solution. Just because you are covered in spit up (and other various unidentifiable liquids) 75% of the time, and you may only shower a couple days a week, doesn’t mean you have to give up on your former stylish self entirely. A few small updates to your wardrobe each season (and semi-regular trips to the beauty salon for a little pampering) are really all it takes to again feel like that savvy wonder woman you know is buried underneath that dedicated mommy exterior. Read on mama, and grab your wallet because we are going shopping!
1. The Belsize Beckley Boot from Hunter Boots. ($195) Pictured here in Bitter Chocolate. The PERFECT Montana winter boot. Stylish and practical, they look like leather but are actually waterproof. Features the iconic Hunter logo in metal. LOVE these boots! Already told my hubby I would adore a pair for Christmas or Valentines…Available at www.hunter-boot.com.
2. A quick (and inexpensive) pick me up for your winter wardrobe: isn’t this knitted headband bow ear warmer just ADORABLE? I am obsessed! I never look good in hats, and usually winter caps and/or ear warmers are no exception, but it is hard to imagine that this little cutie would look bad on anyone. Feminine, functional, and affordable, too, at just $28! Available in Ivory Cream (pictured here) and Sugar Sugar at www.etsy.com (shop is ThreeBirdNest).
3. It’s all about the statement accessories this season, and this BEAUTIFUL hand knit scarf (The Nashville in Golden Rod) doesn’t disappoint! 100% pima cotton and hand made by refugee women now living in the USA, this lovely layering piece is $88 at www.wornforpeace.com. Haven’t heard of Worn? You simply MUST check out their story on their web page—they are doing amazing things for these resettled refugee women. And who doesn’t love shopping for a good cause? I’ll take one of everything, please!
4. What better way to complement all your beautiful winter boots than a new pair of beautiful blue jeans? My SKINNIES from 7 For All Mankind are one of my all-time favorite pairs of denim. I live in them all winter long—soft, buttery, and slim-fitting, they’re like Pajama Jeans, but oh so much better (and much more attractive). A winter wardrobe staple, The Skinny (pictured here in Sophisticated Siren) is available at www.7forallmankind.com for $198. When it comes to good denim, you get what you pay for so make the investment!
5. How fun is this Super Soft Knit Poncho from Splendid? All fashionable mommies know that a lovely neutral goes a long way in her wardrobe, not to mention the figure flattering poncho is very “on trend” this season. This piece (pictured here in Heather Grey) works really well for pregnant and nursing mommies, too. I thought about purchasing one just to carry in my diaper bag for public feedings—this yummy poncho is so much softer than those stiff, apron-like nursing covers that everyone is currently using. A wonderful layering piece to have in your closet! Available at www.splendid.com for $98.