Fall is here and that means lots of fun fall activities and Halloween events in Billings! Don’t forget to get outside and enjoy the changing of the leaves.
- Free Burger Day! Be sure to swing by MOOYAH Burgers•Fries•Shakes on October 10th to snag your free double cheeseburger! The how: Get a FREE MOOYAH Double Cheeseburger with purchase of Personal Hand-Cut Fries, Little MOO Shake or Regular Drink
- In-restaurant orders only (no call-in or online orders)
- One free burger per person, October 10th only. Must be present to get free burger.
- There will be burgers for 500 Guests at each participating location. No rainchecks if they run out.
- Absolutely no substitutions or modifications to the MOOYAH Double Cheeseburger: Potato Bun, Half Pound Certified Angus Beef, American Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, MOOYAH Sauce.
- No other menu items will be available to order this day. That’s right, no other burgers, fries, or salads. Today they are only serving MOOYAH Double Cheeseburgers their way, Personal Hand-Cut Fries, Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry Little MOO Shakes and Regular Drinks.
- Last order taken at 8pm, or while supplies last.
BILLINGS PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Wednesday/Friday Fun at the Library– Come play games and build LEGOS from 3-4:45pm, every Wednesday and Friday at Billings Public Library in the Craft Corner!
- READ to a Dog –Saturday, October 6, 11am. Children may sign up on the day of the program and have a chance to read to a dog. This program is for reading-age children who like to read, children who have a hard time reading, or children that just like to be with dogs, to sit and enjoy the calming comforts of a dog.
- Halloween Makeup Workshop – October 12th 7-8pm. Learn some tips and tricks to create a great Halloween look with this family friendly workshop.
- Teddy Bears and Stuffed Friends Sleepover – October 26th, 6-6:30pm. Bring your Teddy Bear or your best stuffed friend (one per child). Following Story Time, we will tuck all the stuffed animals in for a sleepover at the library – will they stay in bed? Hidden camera results will be shared at Good Bear Day on Saturday, October 27th in the Community Room. Stuffed Teddy Bears and Stuffed Friends may be picked up beginning at 10:15am before Good Bear Day starts!
- 32nd Annual Good Bear Day – October 27, 10:30am. In honor of President Teddy Roosevelt’s birthday, Billings Public Library invites all ‘teddy bears” to bring their favorite person to celebrate the 32nd annual Good Bear Day on October 27th at 10:30 a.m. in the Community Room. The celebration will include bear stories, a coloring contest complete with prizes and other fun surprises. Please pick up your entry at the Billings Public Library Children’s Services desk or from the library’s webpage at www.billingslibrary.org
- Make and Take Halloween Craft – Monday, October 29th, 3-4:45pm. Free Halloween craft to take home.
MONTANA AUDUBON CENTER
- Open House– First and third Saturdays, October 6 & 20, 11am-3pm. Open House at the Montana Audubon Center is a great time to explore the great outdoors and ask a naturalist any questions you might have.
- An Evening with Sneed Collard – October 19, 6:30-8pm. Join The Montana Audubon Center and This House of Books for a presentation and book signing featuring Sneed Collard, Missoula-based author of more than 75 books for both children and adults. In his latest book, Warblers & Woodpeckers: A Father-Son Big Year of Birding, the author and his son Braden set out to establish their own personal Big Year bird species count. Sneed shares the excitement, challenges, perils and insights that come with crisscrossing the country in search of some of Earth’s most remarkable creatures. Come meet the author and hear about this remarkable journey from the killer bee infested border region of southeast Arizona to the sultry islands of the Galapagos. This House of Books, Billings’ member-owned bookstore, will have Sneed Collard’s books available for purchase at the event. Family-friendly and free for all!
- Yellowstone Valley Farmers Market’s last day is October 6th, 8am-12pm. Fresh produce, food trucks, local vendors, and live music.
- Art Walk – October 5, 5-9pm. Experience one of the coolest downtown events- the Billings ArtWalk! Maps available online here: http://artwalkbillings.com
- HarvestFest – October 5, 9am-4pm. Harvestfest celebrates the season with a rich diversity of arts and crafts, fresh produce, mums, pumpkins, pies, and the final offerings of farmers’ market produce. Strollers experience the aromas of food-truck fare like roasted nuts, steak sandwiches, and kettle corn. Live entertainment includes fiddlers and dancers performing under Skypoint, the Pumpkin Pie baking contest judged by the Chefs and Cooks of Montana, and the popular Merchant Gift Basket Raffle featuring a tempting assortment of items donated by local businesses. With an interactive children’s area including free crafts and activities for all ages, this event is perfect for the whole family.
- This House of Books Game Night – Every Thursday night from 5-8pm for Tabletop gaming. We have a large library of games to demo, or feel free to bring your own. While here enjoy a variety of drinks and snacks!
- This House of Books Tea & Dessert Reception – October 20, 12-2pm. Bring the kids to this meet and greet with area writers and illustrators of books for children! We will gather from noon to 2pm on Saturday, choose from an array of treats to nibble while you mingle. Ask questions, get signatures and find out something about the people who make the books we love.
- Downtown Trick or Treat – October 31, 12-5pm. The Downtown Billings Alliance hosts a safe Halloween alternative for children accompanied by a parent or guardian from 12pm-5pm on Halloween. This free community event brings thousands of children in costume downtown to trick or treat at participating businesses that offer candy, healthy treats, and unique Halloween themes or activities. The Downtown Billings Alliance office at 2815 2nd Ave. N. operates as headquarters for the event and provides maps of the route and trick or treat bags for the children. In collaboration with organizations such as YMCA or the Alberta Bair Theater, the DBA facilitates a shuttle, making the route more accessible to the public.
- Kids’ Workshop: Fireboat – October 6, 9am-12:00pm. Celebrate National Fire Safety Month in this hands-on workshop where you and your child can build a model fireboat to put out shoreline or shipboard fires and transport emergency personnel and rescue workers. Once your firefighting vessel construction is complete, you and your hero can decorate it with paint and stickers and give it a name like the historically famous fireboats that precede your new firefighting craft. All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin (while supplies last). Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, apron and pin.
- KidsKlub: Pumpkin Painting – October 15th 6-7pm. Paint a pumpkin with the Scheels crew! This event is for ages 4-12.
- Healthy By Design Gardeners’ Market – Last day is October 4th 4:30-6:30pm. Fresh produce (for purchase), live music, and family fun.
- Free First Fridays – October 5, 6-8pm. Visit Wise Wonders Children’s Museum every first Friday of the month for free.
BARNES & NOBLE
- Story time for babies and preschoolers– Every Monday and Wednesday, 10-11am. Check B&N’s calendar for details on the different book each day.
- Montana Women’s Expo – October 6, 10-5pm. The Montana Women’s Expo was designed to provide women with answers to their many questions and direct them to local professionals and providers who can help.
- JCPenny Kids Club – October 13, 11am-12pm. Create a scarecrow or haunted house. All supplies are provided. This is for school age children. Parents receive an extra 10% off coupon for use in store on the day of the event only.
- Mall-O-WEEN Trick or Treating – October 31, 4-8pm. Enjoy fun games, candy and free pictures! Starting at 4pm make your way to Rimrock Mall for free photos in the food court and fun games and crafts for the kids. Free photos will be available till 8pm. From 6-7pm begin your trick or treating from participating Rimrock Mall retailers.
- Halloween Event – October 20 & 21, 11am-9pm. October 26 5-7pm. October 27 & 28 12-5pm. October 29 & 30, 5-7pm. Free 4×6 printed photo with the Peanuts Gang – Snoopy, Linus and Charlie Brown! The first 75 kids to get their photo taken each day will receive a FREE trick or treat bag. Bat craft and coloring.
- Halloween Costume Parade – Saturday October 27, 5-6:30pm.
- Halloween Costume Parade and Trick or Treating – Wednesday October 31, 4-8pm.
- Kids Club Monster Bash – October 27, 10-12pm. Kids 3 and up can enjoy this Monster Bash celebration for FREE! Each kid can create three spooky fun projects – a mask, ghost treat bag, and bracelet. Plus, they can get a small face painting. All supplies provided.
Peace Lutheran Church
- Halloween Carnival – October 26, 6-8pm. Trunk or Treat, refreshments, and activities. This is a free family event for all!
plaza arcade bar and grill
- Trunk or Treat – October 31, pm. Come on down on October 31st for this debut trunk or treat! Bring your families for a fun time, and of course candy! We will have 20 cars to trunk or treat out of. Expect a costume contest for ages 2-12! Prizes for the following costume categories: Scariest costume, Funniest costume and All Around best costume! Prizes include token and arcade packages to the Plaza! Come on down for a spooky fun time!
- Sugar Rush – October 31, 5:30-7:30pm. Walk through a maze of themed areas while collecting candy, get your picture with your favorite characters and enjoy dinner from 5 different food trucks at the end! (Food trucks extra charge)
Check out SFM’s 2018 Harvest/Halloween Happenings roundup!
about the author…A stay at home mom to two children, excited for all the fall and Halloween events!