Every mom is familiar with fruit filled bars. The downside to these bars is that they are pricey and full of sugar and processed ingredients. This recipe for Whole Grain Fruit-Filled Bars is incredibly simple to prepare, and healthy. The bars are full of whole grains and the fruit filling is low in sugar.
The taste of these bars is so delicious and reminiscent of cobbler but portable. The whole grain crust has a nutty flavor and the fruit filling provides just the right amount of sweetness. Make them today and watch as they disappear!
Grab ‘n’ Go Snacks: Whole Grain Fruit-Filled Bars Recipe
from Weelicious Lunches
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold, unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup fruit preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Using a food processor, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt. Pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and cold water and pulse until the dough holds together when pressed.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish, line it with parchment paper, and grease the parchment paper.
- Divide the dough mixture in half and press half into the prepared baking dish, using the back of a spatula to press down evenly.
- Spread the preserves evenly on top of the dough. Sprinkle the remaining dough evenly on top of the preserves and gently press down using the back of a spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 1 1/2×4 inch bars.
Store at room temperature for 3 days or store in the refrigerator for 1 week. Enjoy!