Just because summer is over doesn’t mean the fun has to end! Here are great ways to play this month in Billings, for FREE!
BILLINGS PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Wednesday/Friday Fun at the Library– Come play games and build LEGOS from 3-4:45pm, every Wednesday and Friday at Billings Public Library in the Craft Corner!
- READ to a Dog – Saturday, September 1, 11am. Children may sign up on the day of the program and have a chance to read to a dog. This program is for reading-age children who like to read, children who have a hard time reading, or children that just like to be with dogs, to sit and enjoy the calming comforts of a dog.
- Special Story Time Event – September 4, 6 and 8 at 10:30am featuring local author and retired school teacher, Donna Cochran. Donna will be reading from her children’s book Prison Paws: Max’s Story.
- Friday Night Fun – Every Friday night starting at 6pm the library features a fun and free event for families. Bring the whole family down for “Friday Night Fun” and enjoy games, movies, crafts, music and exhibits. Programs are appropriate for all ages and generations. See website for weekly themes.
- Fall Make and Take Crafts – Monday, September 10, 3-4:45pm. Free craft to take home.
MONTANA AUDUBON CENTER
- Open House – First Saturdays, September 1, 11am-3pm. Open House at the Montana Audubon Center is a great time to explore the great outdoors and ask a naturalist any questions you might have.
- Yellowstone Valley Farmers Market is every Saturday from July 21-October 6, 8am-12pm. Fresh produce, food trucks, local vendors, and live music.
- Billings Pride – September 8, 2-9pm. The downtown parade is from 2-3pm and begins at 2nd and 31st, ending at North Park. Pride Festival from 3-9pm in North Park; the festival is family friendly, includes entertainment and activities for the whole family.
JOSEPHINE CROSSING FINAL SUMMER CONCERT
- September 4, 5-8:30pm. Send out the summer in style with jams from Brickhouse. The final concert of the year will benefit the Elysian School PTO. Bring the whole family and all of your friends for delicious food, awesome music, and refreshing beverages that makes us feel like summer could go on forever!!
- Kids’ Workshop: Field Goal Game – September 1, 9am-12:00pm. Kickoff football season with a portable, action-packed field goal game. In this workshop, you and your child can build a game to test your aim. Simply flick or drop-pluck the ball through the goal posts to score a field goal worth three points. Once the game is built, your child can customize it with paint and stickers—play solo or with a friend and switch between field judge/scorekeeper and placekicker. Recommended for ages 5-12. All Kids Workshop attendees must be accompanied by a parent or adult at all times. All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last.
- KidsKlub: Paintball – September 10, 6pm. Learn the basics of paintballing, equipment, and enjoy target shooting! Ages 4-12. Please dress according to the weather, as event will be held outside
- KidsKlub: Fire Safety Night with the Laurel Fire Department – September 24, 6pm. Join SCHEELS for a safe, fun filled night with the Laurel Fire Department! They will be going over safe fire procedures, drills, and much more! Please dress for the weather as a portion of this event will be held outdoors. Ages 4-12.
- Healthy By Design Gardeners’ Market. Fresh produce (for purchase), live music, and fun family activities every Thursday evening from 4:30-6:30pm at South Park June 14-October 4.
- Free First Fridays. September 7, 6-8pm. Visit Wise Wonders Children’s Museum every first Friday of the month for free.
- Pedal Powered Library. September 15, 19, and 29, 10am-12pm. Join Wise Wonders and the Billings Public Library for a morning of reading and activities! Check out BPL’s new library on wheels, take a book home and enjoy an activity!
- Join GoUnite on September 16, 12-2:30pm, as they volunteer to help fight suicide by lending a hand at the Out of the Darkness Walk. Join the GoUnite team of volunteers and support an amazing cause and do the heart some good by giving back! GoUnite will be running the kid’s activity area before the walk begins. Bring your kiddos to volunteer too! How to “join our team”: Go to the team page (link below) to come join in! Everyone welcome! https://afsp.donordrive.com/team/GoUnite
BARNES & NOBLE
- Story time for babies and preschoolers – Every Monday and Wednesday, 10-11am. Check B&N’s calendar for details on the different book each day.
- Saturday Story Time – Every Saturday, 11am-12pm. Story time followed by activities. Best for babies and preschoolers.
- The Home Improvement Show – September 7, 12-8pm and September 8 and 9, 10am-5pm. 400+ Exhibits under 1 roof, $30,000 in Prizes, Virtual Reality Interactive Exhibit, Food Galore, and Kids activities all weekend in MetraPark’s Expo Center.
- 2018 Wrangler National Team Roping Championship Finals. September 25-30, 8am-10pm. Team Roping at its finest plus Western Trade Show daily. DAVE BRAY USA CONCERT honoring First Responders Sept 26, approximately 6pm.
YELLOWSTONE ART MUSEUM
- JAM AT THE YAM – September 7, 4-9pm. FREE ADMISSION, Free parking, and a free drink for new or renewing members.
- 12th Annual Safe Kids Yellowstone County Day – September 8 11-1:30pm. Stop by for tips on injury prevention/safety, free car seat checks, a distracted driving demo, animal encounters with ZooMontana, and so much more!
We encourage readers to call ahead and confirm dates and times!
about the author…A stay at home mom to two children, trying to get the kids back on a routine.