Has the busyness of the school year already flushed your carefully thought out routine down the toilet? Fret not, this recipe will save the day! This recipe for Skinny Alfredo is sure to make life easier, all thanks to the Instant Pot!
- • 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- • salt and pepper to taste
- • 1/2 pound dry linguine noodles broken in half
- • 1 cup evaporated milk
- • 3/4-1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1. Place the broth, garlic, salt and pepper into the Instant Pot. Break noodles in half and add to the liquid. All noodles should be covered with the broth. DO NOT STIR.
- 2. Cook on Manual high for 7 minutes. Allow for a 6 minute NPR before QR the pressure. Stir the noodles. Some may be slightly stuck together, but that is okay. Once you add in the evaporated milk, all will be well.
- 3. In a SEPARATE bowl, pour the evaporated milk. Temper the milk by adding a scoop of noodles at a time into the milk and stir. Once about half the noodles have been mixed with the evaporated milk, dump the mixture back into the Instant Pot.
- 4. Turn the Instant Pot onto sauté and adjust it to low while gradually stirring in the Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted completely and the sauce has thickened.
- • This recipe cuts the fat in half from a typical Alfredo sauce!
- • I like my noodles on the softer side. If you prefer them al dente, only cook for 6 minutes.
- • There will be liquid left over after it cooks, this will boil out as you add in the evaporated milk and cheese.
- • There are endless add in options for this dish: chicken, shrimp, lobster, bacon, veggies, etc
about the author… a stay at home mom who hates spending hours in the kitchen.