Dogs’ three favorite things are bacon, peanut butter, and fish. Here’s a recipe that is so delicious, your furry friends will do anything to get the fish-shaped treats!
Bugsy’s Bacon PB Glazed Dog Biscuits:
- • 1 Cup pureed pumpkin (not the pie filling)
- • 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
- • 2 eggs
- • 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- • 2 1/2 Cups flour
- • 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- • 2 Tablespoons bacon grease or coconut oil, melted
- • 1/4 Cup smooth peanut butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a bowl, combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil. Add in baking soda and flour. Stir until stiff dough forms, or mix just until flour is incorporated.
- 3. With a rolling pin, roll out dough. Use a cookie cutter to cut out fun shapes such as fish or make them into little cookie circles. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 4. Whisk the bacon grease and peanut butter until very smooth. Drizzle over the treats and cool until the glaze hardens (it does best in the fridge or freezer).
- Store in the refrigerator. Yields about 40 small fish treats.
about the author…Carole Davenport is a Montana travel writer-photographer and content specialist on her blog https://divineviewtraveler.wordpress.com. She is co-authoring a soon-to-be-released cookbook #bitterrootfresh with her two daughters, filled with their original recipes and photographs.
Originally printed in the pages of Simply Family Magazine’s September 2018 issue.
Never miss an issue, check out SFM’s digital editions, here!