Before we knew it, summer has nearly reached its end. I swear, as the kids get older, the summers go faster each year. With Billings recently topping 101 degrees for the first time since 2012, I found a recipe that keeps the heat outside where it belongs. Ready in 30 minutes, this recipe is perfect for a week night once school starts back up.
Sweet and Sour Meatball Skewers
- 36 Frozen Fully Cooked Meatballs – Thawed
- 1 Red Pepper – Cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 Yellow Pepper – Cut into 1 inch squares
- ¼ Cup Apricot Jam
- ¼ Cup BBQ Sauce
- Heat grill to medium high. Thread the peppers and meatballs alternatively onto 6 skewers.
- In a small bowl, microwave the jam for 15 seconds at a time, until the jam can mix in easily with the BBQ sauce. Add BBQ sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the meatball skewers on the grill and brush with the sauce. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning and basting with the sauce occasionally.
- Serve warm.
- I left the meatballs out to thaw for an hour and they were perfect to thread onto the skewer.
- Any color pepper will work with this recipe. I used red and yellow.
- If you prefer a lot of sauce, double the amount of apricot jam and BBQ sauce.
There you have it, another recipe that won’t warm the house and can be made on a school night. My kids loved it, and loved to help make the skewers. I hope you have a great rest of summer! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/sweet-and-sour-meatball-skewers/
about the author… A stay at home mom to 2 kids, ready for school to start back up but will miss the long summer days.