Is it just me, or is there nothing like a good peach? With a short window of time to find good peaches around town, take advantage of this delicious, flavor-packed fruit by using it as many ways as possible in your meals this summer.
Start with a base of nutrient-rich greens as the carrier for all your toppings. Pair a perfectly ripe, juicy peach with subtle vegetables, salty bacon, and a bold cheese to get the perfect balance of flavors. Then top it all off with a sweet and tangy honey balsamic vinaigrette.
Peachy Summer Salad with Homemade Honey Balsamic
- - Large bowl of greens of your choice (mixed salad greens, spinach, or arugula work best)
- - 1 large cucumber, cut into half moons
- - 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- - 2 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- - 3-4 strips of bacon (cooked to a crisp and chopped)
- - Handful of crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola*
- * These cheeses have a strong taste. If you prefer something milder, try goat cheese or a good shredded parmesan.
- - 1 garlic clove, pressed
- - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- - ¼ cup olive oil
- - 1-2 tbsp honey (depending on if you prefer more tangy or more sweet)
- - Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Rinse and dry greens then add to large bowl.
- 2. Toss the cut vegetables, fruit and bacon on top.
- 3. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- 4. Pour dressing into salad, giving everything a nice toss to coat the greens.
- 5. Top with cheese crumbles and enjoy!