Being able to get a home cooked meal on the table is such an important part of the day, but let’s face it: how easy is it to make dinner while holding a 4-year-old on your hip, calming a 7-year-old throwing a tantrum and helping a 12-year-old with his homework? Well I have finally mastered a way to serve fabulous meals with little effort and few ingredients. My recipes are simple and delicious, using no more than six ingredients and under six minutes of prep time.
Several years ago on a trip to the Smoky Mountains, we had our first smoked brisket sandwich. My husband fell in love with the dish! Since I did not see purchasing a smoker in the near future, I had to figure out an easy way to replicate this brisket. I discovered liquid smoke and after several tries, I finally did it! This has been taste-tested on family and friends and is a huge hit.
Smoked BBQ Brisket Sliders
- A first-cut cut brisket, approx. 3 lbs.
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Grill Mates Applewood Rub
- 2 teaspoon Colgin All Natural Hickory Liquid Smoke
- ½ cup Wishbone Light Italian dressing
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- ½ bottle beer (any brand)
- Place brisket in slow cooker.
- Rub with Grill Mates Applewood Rub, then pour Liquid Smoke, Italian dressing, BBQ sauce and beer over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once finished, take two forks and shred the beef.
- Serve on Hawaiian rolls or brioche rolls.
- You can top the brisket off with your favorite slice of cheese or coleslaw.
- This can be made the day before and reheated in a pan until warm.
- Make sure the rolls are fresh!
About Momma Chef…I am a mother of three active boys (ages 12, 8 and 5). Although I often feel like I’m struggling with some aspect of parenting, my one sanctuary is the kitchen. My children like different foods and constantly request a variety of things. I used to tell them, “I am not an octopus with eight arms who can make eight different meals!”
Over time, I figured out a way to make dishes they all love by developing easy, quick recipes. That led to the creation of my blog, Momma Chef, for parents like me. My recipes are simple and delicious, using no more than six ingredients and under six minutes of prep time. It will look like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen with help from Momma Chef. Connect with Momma Chef on Facebook.