It’s planting season, one of my favorite times of the year. I love changing things up a bit each year and coming up with unique ways to display flowers. These colorful, bright fabric flowerpots are just the change your front porch needs! They can be customized in what ever fabric you choose and they will be adorable on display indoors or out. Here are the foolproof instructions for creating them yourself.
DIY Fabric Flowerpots
What you need~
- Fabric (3 coordinating ones if you would like)
- Three terra cotta pots descending sizes
- Mod podge
- Foam Brush
- Polyurethane (for sealing pots if you plan to use them outside with flowers)
- Brush a coat of mod podge on the outside of your terra cotta pot and along the top and bottom edges to seal it to the pot.
- Press fabric on pot smoothing it as you go and wrapping fabric on the bottom edge and over the top edge a ways.
- After they have dried a few minutes, put a coat of mod podge over the top of the fabric and along edges.
- Apply a second coat of mod podge over the entire thing and allow time for them to dry completely.
- Seal the pot with polyurethane inside and out to waterproof it.
There you have it. A perfectly simple, delightfully fun summer addition to your outdoor décor!
- Since the pots are round you will have to overlap fabric slightly. That’s ok. Just be sure the seam is in the back of the pots when they’re on display.
- You can purchase waterproof mod podge and probably skip the polyurethane step if you prefer. I just used what I had on hand and ended up sealing it.